Answers provided for informational purposes only – not intended as professional advice on any particular situation. DexYP disclaims all liability for Answers.
- Most windows have a lifespan of between 15 and 50 years.
- Vinyl windows typically last between 20 and 40 years.
- Wood windows should last for about 30 years.
- Aluminum windows generally last about 15 to 20 years.
YP AnswersLook for these tell-tale signs that your windows are wearing out:
- Condensation forms on the inside of the window.
- The sash or outer frame is damaged or warped.
- The age of the windows compromises the value of the home.
- The home feels drafty or the electric bill is increasing for no other reason, indicating the windows have shrunk or no longer close properly.
YP AnswersDepending on your skill level, the number of windows you're replacing, and how much time you have, you can install windows on your own. However, it's typically easier to hire a professional window installer, who will have the right tools and experience. Plus, should something go awry, the installer will know what to do....Read More
YP AnswersYes. Replacing single-paned glass windows with double- or triple-paned options provides better insulation, keeping the home's temperature regulated. However, the higher cost of purchasing and installing the new windows will cut into the energy bill savings....Read More